"Finally, All the Information You Need
Right now for just
A comprehensive guide to Dog Health Care, Dog Training and Dog Recipes
to help you care for and pamper you beloved pet.
More information for all Dog lovers
It's the dog's scent that causes the dog or puppy to return to the same spot over and over again. This is why it’s important to clean it properly. The only way to completely eliminate the scent that draws the dog is to use an enzyme product.
An enzyme is great to use because it absorbs, kills, and completely eliminates the odor. Follow the directions on the bottle of the enzyme item. Most of the enzymes won't stain your items product and hardly have or no smell at all.
The following are a few helpful tips for when it comes to cleaning up potty stains the correct way:
1) Do not use ammonia. Ammonia will attract your dog to the spot again because urine contains ammonia. Bleach is a better choice. If you use bleach, be sure to use color-safe bleach and to rinse it thoroughly.
2) If you don't have any professional cleaners available, vinegar that is white is a great way to kill bad odors from your pet dog. Use one-quarter cup to a quarter of water. Use a little bit and add more if needed. It's better to be conservative.
3) Salt is another way to take out dog urine smells. It will also absorb any fresh urine. Get to it as quickly as you can.
4) Another way to eliminate some of the odor is to rub the area with a dryer sheet.
5) Baking soda is also effective. Rub the baking soda into the urine stain to absorb the odor.
6) Painting or sealing your wooden floor is another option if the urine scent refuses to come out. It's difficult to get dog stains out of wood flooring. Sometimes even impossible.
7) For carpet stains, you can use peroxide and water. Try different strengths of the solution to see what works.
8) White toothpaste can also get tough stains out of carpets.
9) If all else fails, you can always call a professional carpet cleaner. A professional carpet cleaner has heavy-duty cleaning machinery that can do so much more than any cleaning done by hand. The machinery digs deep into the stain.
Don’t stress if your dog leaves a spot or two on the carpet, because it can usually be eliminated one way or another, usually with a few simple products and a bit of scrubbing. It's part of life with a dog, especially for new puppies coming to a new home.
If you can get to your puppy before he gets to your floor, that’s the way to do it. Get him outside to his proper potty spot before he squats. A little bit of prevention can go a long way.
Ads By CbproAds