How much do you really know about Alternative or Holistic Dog health Care?
"Finally, All the Information You Need
Right now for just
A comprehensive guide to Dog Health Care, Dog Training and Dog Recipes
to help you care for and pamper you beloved pet.
More information for all Dog lovers
What Every Trainer Should Know About Electronic Collars For Dog Training
Author's Note: In this article I want to express the main pros and cons of electronic collars. It is not my goal to convince people that E-Collars are good or bad for dog training; I just want to report these concepts impartially.
The Advantages of E-Collars
1) They are Fast. The device has proven to be fast and less tiresome in training than traditional coercive methods; this is because shocks will only require a press of the collar button to create simulation.
2) They are convenient. The remote controlled collars have ensured that training is possible even at longer distances. The cost of these devices is affordable and less expensive when compared with hiring a professional trainer who takes a considerable time to train.
3) They are easy to understand. In addition, the use of the device is simple to understand and apply. Just read the provided user’s manual.
4) They can be effective. Most trainers state that e-collars can be used as the best tool to punish the dog.
The Disadvantages of E-Collars
For every single advantage there is a disadvantage too.
1) They cause anxiety and stress. Several researches have proven the shocks have created fear and anxiety to the dogs that could persist for a longer time even after training is completed. This fact has been proved by postures of the dogs and their quiet behavior after the training.
2) It might be a nuisance rather than a training practice.
3) They become useless if the dog is out of control. E-collars are occasionally partially efficient with certain types of dogs. This occurs when the dogs get uncontrollable.
4) They are subject to defect. For example some models are not water proof to avoid undue transmission of electronic currency.
5) You should check your dog's weight. In case of a mismatch between the dog’s weight and the voltage required, a higher voltage will harm a less weighted dog and vice versa.
And you? Do you consider e-collar a good dog training tool?
About the author: M. Clay writes for dog training classes , a blog to inform dog trainers and help those who want to become a professional dog trainer.
Ads By CbproAds